Hoover Performa 1100 Washer Dryer not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful for any help with this please ... the dryer on my washing machine stopped working at the beginning of the summer. Bascially there is no heat at all, clothes come out cold and wet! Machine is otherwise working fine. Is there anything I could check on the machine to resolve this or do I need an engineer? Is it likely to be expensive?

Many thanks
Georgina x

Sponsored Links
unplug your machine and remove the lid.
on the dryer heater box you will see various thermostats. i.e. small beige coloured attachments with two connectors on each. one or more of them will have a small button in the centre. pres this button gently and feel for a "click". if you get a click then that stat had tripped for some reason.most comon are:-
1. too many items in last drying load.
2. air blower fan seized or inop.
3. faulty control stat.
4. heating element open circuit.

most times the reset button will get it going. if it trips out regularly then the cause must be established. tomorrow i'm replacing a dryer fan to a hoover i expect to charge approx £45.

Keith, thank you so much. I have followed your instructions and it has worked. I am so relieved, very much appreciate your advice.

Thanks again
Georgina

Sponsored Links
This advice has been a godsend - my Performa 1100 stopped drying over a year ago and we've used our other machine since. That died completely yesterday, so having swapped them back over I've used this advice - and it works as a drier again too!

Many thanks.

Mike

I just wanted to say a big thank you for this post. It took me about 6 months to get my husband to do this but I now have a dryer with hot air THANK GOD!!! Thank you!

Keith, you are a star! Our dryer failed twice before and the repairman charged us 90 euro each time to fix it. We were actually considering buying a new machine since this was the third time in five months. You just saved us a lot of money.
Seriously, thank you.

Our washer dryer was not heating. We were just about to call an engineer when we found this post! Opened the lid clicked the trip and it's working.

Thank you thank you thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back