Hoover Performa 1200 AC120 Not Draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help?

We've got a Hoover Performa 1200 AC 120 which is not draining - I've been looking around everywhere for advice and have got stuck

Basically the thing spins kind of OK (rarely seems to get to full speed though although I'm assuming this is due to water not draining?)

When it stops the clothes are still sodden and there's usually a small pool in the bottom

I've had all the pipes off and there's daylight through them all. I've checked the large pipe from the drum to the pump, the pump, the pipe from the pump to the waste pipe and the waste pipe - nothing

I tried to find the filters various people have posted about on the internet but these don't seem to exist?

I even took the pump off and was about to order a replacement when I noticed it was just a 240V pump so I wired it to the mains direct and it spins OK (bit wobbly and jerky but not too bad - I think)

Can anyone help with possible next steps? The only one I can think of is putting a multimeter to the pump wires and running it on spin - anyone know at what point voltage should go down and what it should be or if running the washer without a pump will bust it further? I'm starting to think the controller knobby timer thingy might be busted (sorry to confuse anyone with technical talk) and think that is the next bit to test

I'm totally flumuxed and my missus is getting sick of having a washing machine in the middle of the kitchen. I need to get this fixed, replaced or find a new home!

Sponsored Links
The pump should be running continuously during a spin cycle. It will usually start before the drum rotates and can be heard running. (there are some ways of checking this if you are confident/competent)

A chance if it does not get up to speed that the motor brushes could be worn

Symptoms are usually failing to spin correctly with full load, working down to fails to spin and then fails to agitate (poss with damage to motor or pcb)

Sometimes the waste hose can be too far into the standpipe (if that is where it is) which can prevent the water leaving the machine or cause syphoning back into the machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back