Hope in the Holy L and.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just read that the father of a 12 year old palestinian boy shot dead by Israeli soldiers who mistook him for a terrorist, has allowed his sons organs to be used in transplants which could save the lives of sick Israelis.

Sponsored Links
Out of a harrowing situation comes a remarkable story of selflessness.

Well he's a nutter.
I'd insist that the organs were returned and used for my own people, were I a Palestinian.

This also happened a few years ago, I'm sure the father wouldn't have agreed to this anytime in the past week.

I find it hard to believe that this isn't a made up story TBH

Well he's a nutter.
I'd insist that the organs were returned and used for my own people, were I a Palestinian.

This also happened a few years ago, I'm sure the father wouldn't have agreed to this anytime in the past week.

Well said, i couldn't agree more..... journos are driven to get more and more astonishing news stories on the front of the tabloids.... offering silly money etc..

I almost think sometimes news stories actually drive the news itself.....

Sponsored Links
my mum and i were invited to a presentation ceremony a few years ago in one of Glasgows Uni's by the transplant services to honour the hundreds of people who had been transplant donors, as my dad was keen to be a donor so when he died he helped 6 people, at the ceremony there was a very moving speech from a mum, can't remember where she came from but it was middle east somewhere!!, her son who was early twenties was killed by a suicide bomber and she agreed to her son being a donor and she later found out his liver was used to save a girl of the same religion/race as the suicide bombers, the mum said she didn't care who her son helped as they were above fighting over race/religion. i have no reason to believe she was making up that story

Well he's a nutter.

Well said, i couldn't agree more..... journos are driven to get more and more astonishing news stories on the front of the tabloids.... offering silly money etc..

I almost think sometimes news stories actually drive the news itself.....
I don't think it is made up, these thing do happen. What about the Enniskillen bombing, a bloke who was caught up in it along with his daughter who died after they were both buried by falling rubble, he told a very moving story of her last minutes before she died. He said he forgave the killers of his daughter he then spent the rest of his life working for peace between the two communties.
At the time people criticised him for not wanting revenge.

I have just read that the father of a 12 year old palestinian boy shot dead by Israeli soldiers who mistook him for a terrorist, has allowed his sons organs to be used in transplants which could save the lives of sick Israelis.
Well.... it is Christmas. ;)

Back