Old topic and long thread I know ...... but

All I am saying is things are never quite as black and white as people make them out to be. Winston Churchill is meant to be one of our greatest leaders of all time but when you look into his past there is much to be ashamed of.

The same goes for American history, so we should be very careful not to throw stones from our glass houses. We could cite countless disgusting and sordid Western events here and we don’t even need to go back far in time to list them, but that’s too big a topic to take on right now perhaps...

Suffice to say our legacy is one of rape, pillage and conquer and we still have that Empire mentality to this day, where we think we are better than anyone else. Someone I knew long ago once told me if you want to know how you country is truly perceived outside your protected and perfect little world you should live outside if for a while. I have done so and discovered what he meant, (otherwise known as travel broadens the mind).

Personally, speaking as an atheist, I think religions have always done more harm than good and have been more about subjugation than truth. I’d like to see them all relegated to the archives of fantasy where they belong and a return to something we used to call common sense.

I hope one day we will learn to live without them, that’s if the human race hasn’t killed itself off by then. In the mean time I will continue to live my life as I have always done; treating others as I would wish to be treated myself...

Sponsored Links
Point duely noted Big Tone, just a little fed up with 100% priority being paid to the (reportedly) only 10% minority in this country.

BTW Did you hear about the Englishman with an inferiority complex ?

He thought others were the same as him ;)

Sponsored Links
Back