The Polish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In response to what CC wrote;

But the British are a mix of races, starting from Roman times... Plenty of second or third generation Poles living in my ara... Some fought in the War, some worked in the factories building aero engines that powered Lancasters, Huricanes and Spitfires...

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/in-a-mixed-society.326238/page-2#ixzz1x0PpReVn

An elderly lady died recently, when she lived in the road i had been her emergency call out, she had been married to a Pole 20yrs her senior just after the war, what i didn't know was;

When Poland fell to the 3rd Reich, a lot of t Polish surrendered to the Russkies as they thought they would fare better in the USSR, they were put to work in salt mines, those that made it to Britain fought alongside our own soldiers and airmen, when Hitler attacked the USSR the Russkies finally came into the arena, Britain sent a message saying "we know you have Polish nationals, release them to us please", they were finally handed over to Monty in the middle east, he fed them up, trained them and they fought tooth and nail up through Italy then through France.

Then this man gets a "Dear John" letter from his wife in Poland so comes to England where he meets and married the elderly lady i helped care for, he died about 20yrs earlier.

Sponsored Links
And when the war was over we let them down by turning poland over to stalin, some Poles knew this and decided it was better that they stayed here, the rest didn't know what they were doing and returned to a life run by the ruskies and communists, i was in poland in 79 and even then it was horrific

You should go now - it's deserted. ;)

Sponsored Links
I went to school with some polish kids they were ok one poor lads dad took them back to Poland were he was shot by the Russians for coming to England what a way to treat people and to think he fought for freedom and all he got was a bullit I've no trouble with poles or anyone were all human and we should remember this

Let's throw open the borders then to all and sundry. :rolleyes:

We already have opened our Borders and all I said was were all human I think all counties should put cash into a big pot to pay for all people who live in different countries to what they were born in

My mum told me a story once, it was a while ago so i forget most of the detail but sometime during the war there was a knock at their back door late one night at the farm they lived at, reluctant to open it they did, she said it was a small jewish boy on the run from the nazi's, at a loss as to what they would do they took him in, of course they knew that if caught they'd be shot on the spot, they hid him under the floor boards in the kitchen, later that night there was a big comotion outside and then some thumps on the door, it was the germans looking for the boy.

Mum said they all got dragged out into the yard and stood against the wall, the officer said they would seach the house and if they found him they would all be shot, that was my mum, my gran and my sister, with guns aimed and ready for the word a german neighbour came round and asked what was the matter, they told her and she burst out laughing, she told the officer there was no such boy there, the rumours they'd heard were just rumours, she even said to the officer your drunk most of the time so you must of misheard, she persuaded them to leave which they did, never did find the boy :LOL: , they must of been minutes from being executed but the german woman somehow managed to save them.

After the war mum came over with gran and my sister and met an english bloke, thats how me and me brother got here, i have a lot to thank that german woman for :cry:

My mum told me a story once, it was a while ago so i forget most of the detail but sometime during the war there was a knock at their back door late one night at the farm they lived at, reluctant to open it they did, she said it was a small jewish boy on the run from the nazi's, at a loss as to what they would do they took him in, of course they knew that if caught they'd be shot on the spot, they hid him under the floor boards in the kitchen, later that night there was a big comotion outside and then some thumps on the door, it was the germans looking for the boy.

Mum said they all got dragged out into the yard and stood against the wall, the officer said they would seach the house and if they found him they would all be shot, that was my mum, my gran and my sister, with guns aimed and ready for the word a german neighbour came round and asked what was the matter, they told her and she burst out laughing, she told the officer there was no such boy there, the rumours they'd heard were just rumours, she even said to the officer your drunk most of the time so you must of misheard, she persuaded them to leave which they did, never did find the boy :LOL: , they must of been minutes from being executed but the german woman somehow managed to save them.

After the war mum came over with gran and my sister and met an english bloke, thats how me and me brother got here, i have a lot to thank that german woman for :cry:

what a fantastic story,your mum,gran,sister were very brave, to protect a jewish boy, they have been blessed .

Hemel Hemsted's really changed since back then :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back