POLISH INVASION

Slogger said:
put a gas hob in for a polish kitchen fitter 2 weeks ago :LOL:

bless him eh for no doing that work himself but the kitchen was fitted very badly ie not level / dirtcatchers instead of but and scribes so much for them being good at there jobs

I know an English fitter who turns out that kind of work. So much for our lads being better than immigrant workers!

Sponsored Links
I believe everybody should have a fair crack of the whip but this is how I see it from my own experience.

The only people who seem to be making any gains from cheap labour are call centres.

Foreign workers are quite happy to work for minimum wage and although many people wont admit it, quite often the standard of their work is very poor.

In the meantime our own skilled tradesmen are being forced by these call centres to carry out work for less money and as a result many of these companies are being forced to lay off staff because they cant afford to pay the wages or even closing down altogether leaving a bigger void for even more cheap foreign labourers to fill.

In the bigger scheme of things it actually the customer who comes worse off. The work done a lot of the time is not up to standard yet the customer still has to pay the same high premiums to their insurers who employ these call centres to do the work in the first place.

The call centres are happy with their huge increases in profits from all the cheap labour. The insurance companies are happy because most of them benefit from price reductions that are passed down to them from the call centres. The skilled worker is unhappy because he can barely make enough money to get by. And Mrs. Smith is unhappy because her windows are still leaking. :(

Although to be fair I've noticed that some employers seem to be employing any old Joe off the street who have no skills whatsoever whether they be foriegn or English. They dont seem to know what they're doing but they're happy to "have a go" for £5 an hour.

The issue is lack of skills, not nationality.

Don't tell me there were never any British chancers working in construction abroad...

Sponsored Links
Back