Hoptpoint Aquarius WML520PUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hell this is my first post, i have a problem with my Aquarius washing machine, its a WML520PUK (6kg). The machine will turn on, do a wash cycle but it will not drain. after manually draining the water through the outlet on the front, it will then do a rinse cycle, and not drain again, after doing it again manually it will then engage the spin cycle and finish as if everything is fine. i have had it on its side, checked the drain pipe for blockages and there are none as well as any in the waste pipe that leaves the machine. The pump however did have some heat damage on the plastic and looked in a bad way. i purchased a new (genuine part) pump and fitted it, and still the same problem is happening. Also when it doesn't drain, all of the lights across the buttons flash amber after a few minutes, i have no idea what this means. Any help would be appreciated before i call out an engineer which is quite costly. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you check the sump. That's at the bottom of the drum. Might be a colour catcher in there. Does the pump hum when you put it on drain only.

Thank you for the reply. there is no sound from the pump at all, once it has done the rinse cycle it just stops, this is when it should be pumping the water out so it can do the spin cycle. once i've drained it manually, it will then do a spin cycle and finish. What could be wrong with the sump? what would i look for. thanks again

Sponsored Links
It's a black cup with a pipe on it , that leads to the pump. There could be something in that cup. If that's clear then to pump has taken out the pcb. On the older machines the pump had a themostat cut out to stop it blowing the pcb up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back