Horrible Paint Smell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a strange one I must admit, and I am not sure if this is the correct forum, so sorry in advance.

About 3 months ago we decieded to redo one of our upstairs bedrooms. It have been a spare room for about 3 years and nobody really used it much. I cleared out the room and repainted the walls. I then took out the whole ensuite and refitted it and retilled etc.

Anyway, shortly after re started to notice a really strange smell. Anyway, to cut a long story short it took us weeks to realise that the smell is coming from the paint on one of the walls in the room. It a gable end wall and the other walls don't smell. Its a nasty smell and is certainly coming from the wall. It doesn't seem or look damp.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Sponsored Links
you mention an ensuite being removed.

It is more likely that the smell is coming from a damp-related or a drainpipe-related source.

I don't think it will be the paint.

Its absoutly not the ensuite. The reason I mentioned that was because we were certain that was the problem,. But thats all fitted now and that room is smell free. When you walk up to the wall in question and press you noise anywhere near it you get the smell.

Its certainly the wall!!

Sponsored Links
The Sun & Outdoor Wind getting inside & Miosture can cause reactions to Interior Emulsions.

What is the smell like ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back