Horse Stable Sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a horse stable sitting on a concrete block. So I have a question for u experts here.

What do I use as a sealant between the wood at the base to the concrete to stop any rainwater getting into the stable?

I tried an exterior silicone sealant but it just peeled off at the first sign of rain.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bit of a design flaw. Whether it's the stable walls or the concrete floor, it's difficult to say without a picture or a diagram.

This is often a problem when building garages and outbuildings off a raft. Unless it is though of before hand and designed in as red hinted at its hard to solve.

As suggested a few photos or at least a description of materials and design would help as a start.

GALLERY]

As u can see the stable is sitting directly onto the concrete. I need to seal that in order to stop water leaking into the stable and horse **** leaking out. If I can seal it I can also protect it. There are a further 2 images in my album 'Horse Stable'.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back