Horstmann Centaur Stat 7 conflict with ACL LP722

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!

A year ago I moved into a new home, which has a Centaur Stat 7 in the hallway, an AC Lifestyle LP722 Central Heating (CH) and Hot Water (HW) timer in the airing cupboard next to the hot water tank, and a conventional Potterton Netaheat Profile boiler.
Up until a few months ago, I'm fairly sure that the CH and HW were running according to the ACL lifestyle timer, which although isn't great is relatively straightforward, compared to the Centaur Stat 7 programming. Recently, however, the Central Heating seems to be running to its own schedule - definitely not the ACL, as it fires up when the ACL says it should be off, and I don't think its running to the Centaur as I can't tie in what's happening to any of the numerous morning/day/evening/workday/restday etc timings, however this is so complex I'm not sure. Not really sure what the hot water is doing either.

When British Gas came out to do a service, they recommended replacing the Centaur with a simple thermostat with no timer, as they thought it was conflicting with the other timer.

I don't have the instruction book for either and don't know where to get them from. Can anyone help???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back