Horstmann ChannelPlus H37XL Series 2 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Horstmann ChannelPlus H37XL Series 2 Programmer.

My set up is as follows:

Oil boiler (working well)

Horstmann ChannelPlus H37XL Series 2 Programmer with 3 channels, one works the hot water, the other 2 work both the central heating systems

Central heating consists of radiators (original part of house) and underfloor heating (new part of the house).

The issue I have is that the 3 channels don’t work well together. In fact they appear to work in sequence. If I programme them all to come on at the same time, the hot water overrides the heating. Once the water is hot (and the timer switches off), then the underfloor heating comes on. Once that is to temperature, then the radiators come on. They don’t appear to work together. Separately they all work effectively.

Can anyone help me determine how I resolve this and get them all functioning together?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Has it ever worked properly?
What valves do you have on each circuit?
How many pumps do you have?

Hi there
Thanks for responding, I appreciate it!
I have only one pump (a new one, he replaced it about 6 months ago after I complained that the heat wasn't reaching all the radiators. It made no difference so he then fitted a header tank.
I'm not sure how many valves there are. I'll take a look. What am I looking for?
Thank you!

You are looking for motorised valves on the flowpipes from your boiler that control the circuits you are querying. You have not answered the question as to whether it has worked properly before.

Sponsored Links
Ok I'll double check that when I get home.

Yes it has worked properly before but not for long.

Hi there, ok I have taken some photographs to show you as I am unsure what is a valve or what isn't. I also have some other pictures of the set up in the airing cupboard which I can send you if you need them.
Thanks
Caroline

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 261
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 255

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back