Replacement Required: Horstmann ChannelPlus H121 Programmer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have a Horstmann ChannelPlus H121 Programmer which has started to play up (it doesn't seem to be able to cope with having Heating and Hot Water switched on at the same time).

Can anyone offer a reasonably cheap replacement for this unit, please?

Any guidance most welcome.

Thanks,

Matty

Sponsored Links
Horstmann still make the ChannelPlus, so why not get one of those? It will be easier to install; probably just a case of removing the old one from the backing plate and replacing it with the new one.

Hello D_Hailsham,

Indeed, that was always my intention.

Do you, or anyone else, know whether there'd be any complications if I replaced my faulty one with the ChannelPlus H21 XL?

www.inspiredheating.co.uk have the best price from my initial search, but if there are other sites out there where I could pick it up cheaper, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matty

Do you, or anyone else, know whether there'd be any complications if I replaced my faulty one with the ChannelPlus H21 XL?
Swapping the same manufacturers equipment is usually very straightforward; it's when you use different manufacturers that problems arise.

Are you 100% sure that it is the timer which is causing your problems?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responding.

For the past couple of weeks, the programmer doesn't seem to be getting enough power (the hot water LED on it flicks off and on randomly/is very faint, and you can hear the bolier firing up and down accordingly).

This morning was the last straw, as I had no hot water to use!

I've tried resetting it, and whilst it initially behaved itself, it's back to how it was before.

I can't think of anything wrong with it other than it has come to the end of its life (it must be 12 years old now as the property was built in 1996)...

Thanks,

Matty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back