HORSTMANN ECONOMY 7 QUARTZ- Boost not working/no hot water!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!

We've recently moved into a flat with with an economy 7 quartz system. It's always been fine - worked great and we didn't touch anything as the previous owners had set it up on the winter setting. Well this morning there was suddenly no hot water, the boost switch wasn't working either. I've checked all the switches around the house/boiler and everything seems the same, but there's no lights showing on the Economy 7 box and the boost isn't working at all, which I think is weird. We've had freezing water all day long, what's going on? Can anyone help? We haven't been left a user manual or anything. Do we call out a plumber or electrictian??
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound completely idiotic, but what/where is the consumer unit?

Sponsored Links
Ok figured out the consumer unit, where all the switches are for sockets/ etc right? I checked that first, all the switches are up and on - so I guess it can't be that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back