Horstmann Economy 7 quartz timer not rotating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I recently moved into a new flat and the water heater came with the above timer.

The timer doesnt seem to be working. The clock doesnt rotate at all. Altough I can hear the clock tick. Also the Boost function works fine(I ve been using it to heat up the water).

Am I missing something here.. Do I need to set anything?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Achyut

Sponsored Links
I have had that with the mechanical Horstmann timers. They go like that if they have been mishandled. It needs a new one.

The electronic version is better.

Thanks for that.. I will look to have it changed. Would you know how much it would cost me(including the labour) to have it changed to electric timer.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks.. thats really helpful..

Can I do it myself or I need to call in an electrician to fit it in.

Also, I spoke to my electricity provider and they said that the property doesnt have Economy 7 tarrifs. So are there any better/compatible timers available that I could use.

Thanks

I have the exact same issue with my controller also, the clock doesnt seem to rotate at all although i can get the hot water on no problem..

Can someone confirm if this can be installed by myself or do I require a qualified Electrician to install?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back