Hot air from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have Halstead Finest Platinum i was having a problem with pressure before but that was a leak in a pipe which has now been fixed :)

Unfortunately my boiler works for around 15-20 mins then starts to make a hissing noise and if i put my hand above the boiler i can feel hot air (maybe steam escaping) then i turn the boiler off as i know it shouldn't do this.

Does anyone know what it could be or what i can check?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Its the air vent operating and probably letting out steam as the boiler is overheating. Has the problem only just occured or do you think its related top the recent pipe repair?

sorry i forgot to mention the pressure has gone to nearly 2.3.

To be honest i was having problems before.

I was trying to fix a banging noise to begin with. and realised the pressure was low so i let more water in and thats when i realised there was a leak as the pressure wasnt going up at all,

the pipe is now fixed. i filled to 1.4 bar ish but i am now getting no banging noise and all is ok util 15-20 mins in when the boiler starts to hiss

Could be lack of circulation. Check for major air lock (s) and bleed as needed.

Sponsored Links
Could be lack of circulation. Check for major air lock (s) and bleed as needed.

sorry i dont now what an air lock is? or where to check? could u explain a little more for me please?

An air lock is a poket of air stuck in the pipe work or boiler somewhere that stops the water circulating.

It could be this and lack of circulation could cause overheating.

ok thanks

What can i do to try and resolve the problem?

I have took the cover off and i can see water in the top half of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back