hot and cold pipes on the outside of the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i know this is obviously not the best idea but is there anyway of running hot and cold water pipes on an outside wall (specially insulated pipes?). I need to take water up to an upstairs bedroom and running them internally would be a major problem due to position of stairs etc. cheers.

Sponsored Links
there r special plastic jacketed plastic pipework availible but they r intented to be use underground. i have seen plumbers fit standard copper pipes up walls and insulate with standard lagging however birds peak it off and uses it as very convenient to make their nests more cosyer. a local supplier to me sold a great trucking made of aluminum for covering pipes on the exterior of building. still looks a bit wooful but does the job. lag ur pipes in heavy duty armaflex 25mm thick lagging. if ur doing a diy job then fit plastic pipes as they r less prone to bursting than traditional copper and it'll b eaiser installed too.

Thanks for the reply - it's a diy on a house i'm doing up. Never come across armaflex lagging before - would that be available from a good plumbers merchant? I suppose if it does burst at least it is in the right place to minimise the damage ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back