Hot and Cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ideal Combi 35 Condensing boiler.

I had it serviced 4 months ago and as soon as he left water intermittently rushed from underneath it so I put a bowl underneath it, however hot water was ok. I think the leak is a separate issue. It seemed to dump out at times not leak. Maybe I’m wrong.

As of yesterday we can’t have a shower because of cold water, the shower is new and had been perfect. The taps are the same. It starts warm and then quickly goes cold.

Can anyone suggests things to do or check before finally calling a plumber?

thanks

Sponsored Links
WTF? Call the bloke who serviced it back. About 3.9 months ago. And while you're waiting for him, check the system pressure (if water has been emitting then that will have been dropping). Look in the manual for recommended pressure setting.

He just told me to push the white pipe back up until it clicks. The pressure is still over a bar

Sponsored Links
Yep. I’m looking through videos to top up the boiler but I don’t see the same valves to turn on As the video, the blue valves are at the same pipe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 166
Got it! Thanks for your help so late! Any ideas on stopping the condensing pipe leaking?

It's not leaking, its there to let the condensate water drain to outside or an internal drain/waste pipe, should happen every 10-30 minutes depending on boiler use.

Does 'Got it' mean you've got hot water? Good work.
As @jaytee44, slightly acidic water will come out of the condensate port on the boiler every so often, the pipe should direct it to waste. The condensate outlet on that boiler is just behind and to the left of the gas supply pipe- there should be a bit of plastic pipe (which the service engineer has shoddily left floating about for some reason) which will be a push fit into that outlet- it isn't under pressure so no locking/tightening required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back