Hot CH expansion tank!

Here's a thought - if I put my hand over the end of the vent pipe, to stop it drawing in any air, it will draw in water from the F&E tank - therefore no airlock, and flow can continue as normal - which might shift my partial blockage?

Sponsored Links
Better still, fit a temporary cap (22mm compression or better still Speedfit) over the vent, but don't operate boiler (turn stat to 0) while it's on. Also try putting the defunct motorised valve in the HW only position (release from manual setting?) so only one circuit is open. This may help.

As for the two threads, we'll let you off this time, but I hope you can see how annoying it is from out point of view - useful background info and other valid suggestions being hidden in another thread. ;)

Sponsored Links
Have been advised that my problem is most likely due to the configuration of my pipes - I have a pipe that goes straight up from the pump to the cold feed, and tees off to go to the vent, and then the boiler - apparently, it shouldn't go straight up to the cold feed, it should go round a corner, then the cold feed should t off - otherwise the pump is always going to try and suck water down from the tank, rather than from the rest of the system

Have also discovered that, because the flue from my ancient gas boiler is about 8 inched from my back door, I contravene every regulation in the book - so looks like I need a new boiler as well :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back