Hot radiator

Wind the black knob in a clockwise direction until the flow stops through the valve with the hot water cylinder being heated.
is
Why ? The problem is unwanted circulation not a lack of circulation.. ie the boiler isn’t short circuiting and rads not heating

Sponsored Links
Because it will tell him whether the bypass valve is causing the rad to heat up or not. You and I have no idea how the system is piped up.

How would it heat the rad up it would just circulate round the return and back to the boiler. Are you a service engineer by any chance

Could be reversed circulation if not piped up correctly. Personally I wouldn't worry to much as I like to have somewhere to warm my undies.

Sponsored Links
How would it heat the rad up it would just circulate round the return and back to the boiler. Are you a service engineer by any chance

your question has been answered by Gigglepin.

New bypass valve fitted and now has a problem with the rad being heated. Where should I look first?

Gigglepin is right as I meantioned earlier If he had teed the rad return after cylinder return , Do u leave your undies around for the plumber to sniff my love ?

your question has been answered by Gigglepin.

New bypass valve fitted and now has a problem with the rad being heated. Where should I look first?

Na I mentioned that an hour ago , I’d the rad had been piped up wrong bypass or no bypass it would still convect heat back to the rad

I didn't bother to read your post once I'd seen your avatar.
Your funny ! So tell me this if the bypass is the cause why is the only rad affected the bathroom rad that was recently installed as an add on ! Go back to college

I don’t need help I run my own business and haven’t had a call back for a long time, you know what your saying is flawed , if the bypass was open which being an auto bypass shouldn’t be anyway you tell me how that would cause a radiator to heat up on the basis the rad had been piped correctly. It wouldn’t it would simply circulate back to the boiler it would have no reason to wonder back to the rad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back