Hot Rads Only When Calling For Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Board!

I've had a few problems with our CH and HW systems over the last 2 years...We have an open system, Cold storage in loft, indirect tank in cupbaord, expansion feed tank in loft, 'T' valve etc.

The rads only come on when the thermostat on the tank is calling for heat. When the stat in the living room is calling for heat, the programmer is calling for heat, nothing happens. If i move the stat on the tank up higher, it comes on, valve turns, pump pumps, boiler fires, heat ensues.

This has just started to happen in the last few days. But sometimes the rads work fine...

If you guys and gals have any suggestions, i'd be greatly appreciative.

Cheers,

Mr. Tickle.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your diagnosis.

Would the manual lever be stuck itself, or would it flop around?

Last time this happened, the lever was stuck so hard it would not move. We had the motor on the valve replaced and it worked fine.

But this time, it is a little different. The valve moves around happily when required.

Thanks,

Mr. T.

Sponsored Links
OK, 230v over White and Grey and 230v over White and Orange? This is the motorised part of the valve, the stepper motor, yes?

Thanks again.

ya stick it in earth then the other in white 230v then check grey 230v then orange 230v.
tell me what has power and what don't from the 3 checks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back