Rads hot: water not.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have this rather ancient gravity/pumped CH system, using a Baxi Bermuda LFE5 Super back boiler operated through a room stat. No stat on the (indirect) HW tank.
Question: The CH works, but doesn't heat the water in the tank at the same time. Can anyone please explain why?
The controller is a Drayton Tempus with the Boiler and the Pump wired together via the timer and room stat.
Yesterday I disconnected the Pump wire and switched on, and the pipes to the coil heated up, so I guess there's no blockage.
Is the pump nicking all the water for the rads?
I'm sure it used to work!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The first thing to check on a gravity system when no Hot water is the little header tank is actually full and letting water into the system

Hi, Namsag. Yes the header tank's okay. With the pump disconnected (unwired) the boiler heats the water in the tank.
I was under the impression that the system should heat the water while it's heating the rads; in other words, CH on, hot water automatically gravitates up to the HW tank as well.
Maybe not.
Thanks anyway. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back