Hot supply not hot hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a new combi 30kw boiler installed in my loft about 4 years ago but the hot water supply to my mira excel shower located in the ground floor is not super hot even at maximum, I have not noticed this issue in the summer month’s only in the winter months but was wondering if this could be a pipe insulation issue which may need upgrading rather than a boiler issue, any advice would be most welcome thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds plausible. Combi’s are notoriously poorer hot water delivery in the colder months.

Compare flow of shower to HW output of boiler. Pipe lagging will reduce heat loss by a (relatively) tiny amount so not significant. You might need a flow restrictor.

Sponsored Links
Turn the flow down. Does it get better? If so get a shower head which is designed for less water flow. Some incorporate air to make it feel like more.
Complete diagnosis - turn shower on full, no other gas appliances, and measure the gas flow rate at the meter. It's either here in FAQs or gooogle it. If it's >=32kW, it's not the boiler at fault.
Best to do it when CH is OFF and COLD.- CH flow pipe shouldn't get warm.

Back