Mira Sport Air boost Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Please can any one assist with an issue with a Mira Sport Airboost 9KW electric shower that’s been newly installed however the flow seems much poorer than the old Gainsborough E 8.5kw electric shower it’s replaced.
The power supply wiring has been upgraded to 10mm as part of the installation.
Mira seems to advertise this shower as giving the best flow in its category at 6L per min.
It’s a combi boiler so mains supply cold water is piped directly to the shower and the cold tap on the same run has a good flow using a 0.2bar tap.
Have tried putting a smaller shower head on but it doesn’t seem to make much difference to the flow.
Have also tried contacting Mira but don’t seem to have any explanation/solution.
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I tried to measure that, did 6 seconds of water in a jug x 10 which gave an average of 5L but they r adamant that the flow is far inferior to the previous shower.
I’ve sent this info to Mira and asked for advice but they haven’t come back to me so far.

Mira are full of marketing nonsense you can't buck the physics.
The performance increase of a 9Kw shower over your existing 8.5Kw shower will not be perceptable.
What this shower does have is an air pump...the air is entrained in the water to make it feel like an improvement but many users notice little difference.
You must use the shower hose and head that comes with the shower unit otherwise the aeration will not function.

If you have a combi boiler why didn't you consider a standard thermostatic shower and plumb it off the combi...even a base model boiler will give you 24kW performance.

Sponsored Links
Mira are full of marketing nonsense you can't buck the physics.
The performance increase of a 9Kw shower over your existing 8.5Kw shower will not be perceptable.
What this shower does have is an air pump...the air is entrained in the water to make it feel like an improvement but many users notice little difference.
You must use the shower hose and head that comes with the shower unit otherwise the aeration will not function.

If you have a combi boiler why didn't you consider a standard thermostatic shower and plumb it off the combi...even a base model boiler will give you 24kW performance.

If possible I advise customers to have an electric shower for back up hot water if they have a combination boiler.

Back