Hot Tap Randomly not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm new to the forums, and was looking for a bit of advice with my hot water taps. i'll give as much detail as possible...

I have a Baxi Combi Boiler, i'm unsure of the model number though.

anyways, most of the time downstairs, i can run the kitchen tap for hot water, and can wait for over 2 minutes, and hot water will not come through, i'll go to the boiler upstairs, and the little hot water icon isn't lit up (although the heating is still working fine).

However, by running the bathroom hot water tap, the boiler decides to kick out hot water, then will send it down to the kitchen. this works 90% of the time.

sometimes the bathroom won't even get hot water. then i have to reset the boiler.

i was wondering if anyone knows what this problem could be? it's really confusing me, as the pipes coming away from the boiler are still hot. the radiators are hot, and the flame inside the boiler is still burning. it's just not lighting up the little hot water icon to send the water about.
thanks for any help

Andy

Sponsored Links
Any tips or recomendations for a temporary fix for this? i don't know anything about these, so i'de assume that the diverter valve is triggered by change in preasure? (when the taps running the preasure decreases) causing it to send hot water through. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back