Kitchen tap problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I seem to be having problems with my kitchen mixer tap.

I can get hot water from my bathroom mixer tap, and also from the little sink in my downstairs toilet (I don’t have a bath and my shower is electric) but I can only get hot water from the kitchen tap if I turn on the hot tap in the toilet until the water runs hot, and then the water will start to run hot in the kitchen tap eventually (I haven’t experimented with running the hot water through the tap in the bathroom to see if that will ‘bring on’ the hot water in the kitchen tap).

It was working fine until December. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that whilst I have been redecorating the radiator in my living room was removed during the summer and was only re-attached in December.

I have a Combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a heating expert but as no-one has answered your query since this afternoon I will give you my take on this.
Do you have poor flow through your kitchen tap?
It may be that when its turned on your boiler isn't sensing flow and needs that boost from a second tap to fire it up.
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will put you right.
If this is the cause you will need to improve the flow at your tap, or replace it.

I'm not a heating expert but as no-one has answered your query since this afternoon I will give you my take on this.
Do you have poor flow through your kitchen tap?
It may be that when its turned on your boiler isn't sensing flow and needs that boost from a second tap to fire it up.
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will put you right.
If this is the cause you will need to improve the flow at your tap, or replace it.

+1 to that. Time how long it takes to get 1 litre of water out of the tap. Then post your result along with the make and model of your boiler

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies.

My boiler is a Baxi Combi 105 HE and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the hot water flow ... it seems the same speed as it always was. It takes around 12 seconds to fill a litre jug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back