Hot tap running cold when fully turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that when I run a bath I have to turn the hot tap down as it seems my boiler can not cope with the flow. I've never noticed it before I changed my bath taps. Is this a problem with my boiler or is it a problem as I have been told by a "plumber" just the flow rate?

My boiler is a Vaillant Turbomax 824 Plus. It was fitted in 2002 so getting on a bit but surely there must be plenty more life in the old girl. Apart from changing the diverter valve twice and more recently the PCB (due to leak above), I have had no real problems.

Any help will be appriciated

Sponsored Links
New bath taps. Increased flow rate. Chances are that the boiler hasnt degraded overnight and it's just the taps coupled with the incoming supply being a lot colder anyway.

Too much flow, or a backfeed from the cold.

Did the plumber connect the taps in 22mm pipe or 15mm

I'm in the stages of doing the bathroom my self. The supplies are ran in 15mm then step up via a 15mm - 22mm flexi to the bar mixer tap (Bristan Quadrato bath filler). I have not yet connected the cold as I have yet to tile the floor, meaning I have not removed the existing toilet due to having only 1. The toilet will be coming out tomorrow and the cold will be connected then. I have not changed the pipe sizes they have always been 15mm but I have renewed some lengths to make them a bit neater when finished (using compression fittings). If anything the lengths have been shortened. The bath is less than 3 meters from the boiler so not a very long run for the hot.

Is the fact that the cold is not connected causing a problem? I connected the hot so that I can use the bath while the work is being carried out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back