Hot Tub Wiring

my isolator is on the side of the hot tub (in the filter cubard as placed by the manufactorer)

You should be able to always open the filter/controls compartment. Unless its a chinese replica/built heap of **** that you will need to unsrew panels.

And for reference, mine is installed on 10mm cable. Maybe because of the length of cable? Its maybe 30 meters in total. But the cable that is running inside the hot tub (3 meters)is maybe at 35-40c temp as the filters etc are not insulated and it gets very warm in the housing.

Sponsored Links
There's not much point asking for advice if you're going to completely ignore it! Oversized mcb, isolator in the wrong place, undersized cable...

Re the isolator: It's designed for 3-phase which why it has the 6 connections in the centre. You are supposed to switch line and neutral at the same time, hence the double pole switching scenario.

Looks like this chap may be getting into hot water, but not in the hot tub.

To have put the earth through the isolator suggests he has no idea about safety and that is probably the reason he thinks the isolator can be fitted away from the tub and still be part of a safe installation.

Sponsored Links
i think mine pulls 38 amp when fully running. It does however have 3 pumps + 3kw heater + blower +the led lights + t.v/dvd (the t.v/dvd set on FIRE so no longer working)

You've got me worried now... I've got one on order with a TV/DVD.
How'd yours catch fire?
Where did you get it from?

My hot tub has a 3kw heater and a pump but only draws 3.1kw when heating as the pump runs at very low speed, at high speed when occupied the heater is isolated and the blower [which provides bubbles] also isolates the heater so there is never more than 3.1 kw usage.The lighting is only 10watts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back