hot water a milky colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had a Baxi 105HE combi condensing boiler put in, the hot water is a weird milky colour, like dirty dishwater, not very nice when having a bath, is this normal or would i need the system to be flushed out or something, cold water is fine.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i've noticed this as well. I have an old back boiler but soon it will be replaced!

It's probably small air bubbles, they usually clear in a few minutes. If it's a problem go to the earthquake area of Pakistan and see what a real problem is like.

I had this with my 24i Junior.

The following is from memory only, but I read that this is a side effect of condensing boilers. When the water comes out of the tap, the milky colour isn't sediment, but thousands of tiny air bubbles, a result of the oxygen in the water escaping.

I was suprised when my plumber didn't know what it was, and suggested it might be chalk!

As mentioned it's nothing to worry about and will clear.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
It's probably small air bubbles, they usually clear in a few minutes. If it's a problem go to the earthquake area of Pakistan and see what a real problem is like.

Ouch
:eek: :eek: :eek:

monkeyboy 73 wrote:

but I read that this is a side effect of condensing boilers

Air bubbles ...Yes

The effect of condensing boilers ...No

oilman said:

i wouldn't say that is a problem

qwerty10000 said:
oilman said:

i wouldn't say that is a problem

Which bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back