Hot water always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler install was finished yesterday and after testing and checking heating hot water worked etc the plumber turned the switches on the programmer to off but I could still hear the boiler running I said is that normal and he said yea will take a moment to shut down. 10 minutes later it is still going.

He was pretty much out the door by this time saying switch it off by the mains switch and try it again in a hour. Same thing happened boiler turned on by the mains both switches on programmer set to off but the boiler fires up anyway heating the hot water.

It was late and I couldn't be bothered to check further last night so have started this morning. The central heating runs exactly as it should if the switch is on constant but the thermostat not turned high enough it does not come on. If I turn the thermostat high enough it comes on, if I turn the heating off on the programmer with the switch it goes off.

The hot water though stays on regardless if the switch is off or on. As most of the wiring is the same the only new thing put in was a wireless thermostat for the heating I am guessing a pump or valve has not failed? Everything points to a wiring error I think? I am quite competent to check electrical stuff but would like some advice before I start on where the problem maybe. The boiler is a vaillant 418

Sponsored Links
but would like some advice before I start on where the problem maybe.

The problem is in the ability of the plumber to install the system correctly.

The advice is to get him back to fix the problem before you do anything. If you do anything then that will then be used by him to say the fault was created by your fiddling

like I wrote in the other thread when the price seems to good to be true it is probably for a reason. I will get him back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back