Potterton Suprima 40L - always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am not totally convinced it is the PCB at fault.
The heating and hot water started running continuously on Sunday, only way to stop was to switch off mains power.
I have checked room thermostat and it switches over when up to temperature so not that. Checked programmer and it appears to work, in fact ran boiler with both room thermostat and programmer removed and boiler fired up quite happily.
So, do I change pcb again? This is new version as I replaced original back in 2011. Or is there something I am missing?

Sponsored Links
its not the pcb, if you have an S plan one of the end switches is sticking on one of the zone valves, if you have a Y plan the 3 port valve is faulty

Not sure about S or Y plan.
I have 2 divertor valves, one for CH and one for HW.
Assume it is likely to be CH one?

that is an s plan , could be either valve, turn off heating and hw and see if both valves return, there is a lever on the side of the valves when on, the lever should have no resistance, when off you should have to add pressure to manually open the valve,if either valve offers no resistance when turned off the fault is the actuator has seized,if they are both operating correctly you will need a multi meter

Sponsored Links
Hi
Yes, it was CH valve. It was stuck, couple of taps on coil and it sprung back and working again.
Thanks for helping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back