Hot water brown in colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just moved into a 30 year old house, i have a problem with my hot water, when i fill the bath the water is a very light brown colour, not enough to be noticed if i was only to fill the sink. The tank in the roomspace looks clean enough!

Also one radiator in a room also seems to groan, gurgle about an hour after turning on heating, after than its seems to settle. I have bled it on a couple of occassions but still doing it, there is no sign of leakage!!!!!!!!, have i anything to worry about!

Sponsored Links
enhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whats that in laymans terms!

your copper cylinder has a double bell inside it that fills your central heating then airlocks to keep the primary water (heating) and secondary water (hot ) seperate
you have lost the airlock
look in your loft and count the tank(s)
then post back
in case im barking up the wrong tree :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ok, will be tomorrow b4 i can look as kids are in bed, so ifs its what u say it is is it an empty the wallet job!

more i think about it it sounds like it could be the problem, when we first moved in 4 mnths ago the tank was empty and i know the house was vacant for a year so perhaps the ball thingy stuck, also when i went to turn the values on to fill the tank they had seized, only after a bit of twoing and throwing did the tank start to fill!
I take it i simply shut of the valve and turn on the taps to drain the tank!!!!!!!!

ok cheers will go exploring tomorrow and post back, thanks for the suggestions so far

Could be a standard cylinder with the coil split (depending height of tanks over flow would not drip)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back