Hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have a fairly new Glow-worm CXI 24 combi boiler. I recently turned on all the radiators to give it a bit of a test but the rad at the end of the 'chain' did not heat up very well. It was warm at the top but cool at the base.

Last night when I turned the central heating on the boiler didn't 'fire up' at all. I re-set the mains switch, as advised in the manual, but still nothing. There is no fault indicated. The hot water is fine and the boiler goes through its little periodic 'checks' every hour or so. The problem seems just to be with the heating bit of it.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? I hope I have provided enough information.

Sponsored Links
have you got a wall stat make sure you have turned it up...

turn all the other radiators off at the valve or TRV on each radiator then make sure that the 'cold' radiator is on full. it should then warm up as the warm water is 'forced into it
then turn the others back on.
hey presto toasty house

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back