No hot water,central heating working fine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a glow-worm fuelsaver F boiler. This morning I discovered that the boiler is not firing up when the timer kicks in , and therefore getting no hot water. I have two independent motorised valves.There is resistance on both valves when overriding them. I have found that if I turn the central heating on, and manually override the hot water motorised valve then, I can get hot water.The motorised valve for the hot water still shows resistance even when the timer is on for the hot water.Do I need to replace the motorised valve? Also if this is the case will I need to drain down the system?The central heating is working fine..

Sponsored Links
Almost 100% likely to be a failed synchron motor in the grey box.
Easily tested and replaced. It could be something else, but check the motor first. Very common for these to fail. I assume the cylinder stat is set to approx 60c.

Thanks for your advice Pete. i have ardered a new synchron motor.I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives,Cheers Simon..

Just fitted the new motor, works perfectly, thanks again Pete..

Sponsored Links
Glad Pete managed to sort you out, but for future reference that little bump on the actuator cover means that the complete valve actuator head can be replaced instead of the whole valve so if you get any problems in the future and it isnt the synchron motor (which it normally is) then you can change the head without draining anything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back