Hot Water, but no CH.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

I recently checked my Greenstar 24i as there was a very strange noise at the back of the house, and I found that the pressure indicator was basically at zero. I found a guide on here that showed me how to re-pressurize it, everything seemed fine for 3 or 4 days after.

But now I seem to have lost the CH, the pressure has held at 1.5bar and the power indicator is not flashing an error code.

The little green overide indicator was however flashing and this persisted after resetting. But stopped when the boiler was shut down for 10 min.

Could this be caused by something as simple as the battery in the thermostat running down? Oh and the noise I think is a bit of a red herring, as I live in a terrace and am fairly convinced it was the neighbours boiler making the noise.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Just to update I noticed the green "override" light flashing again last night, so I pressed the button and hey presto! The heating started working again!

But now it just seems to be on all the time, I have tried changing the settings on the thermostat but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Did you change the batteries, if not , do so. They often need changing before the indicator says so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back