hot water cylinder over flowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can any one help me . im looking at an un vented hot water cyclinder the kind with an expanshan tank connected to it and it keeps over flowing into the tundish . any ideas what could be causing this ?
cylinder001-1.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I'd recommend getting a G3 qualified engineer out as the install doesn't seem to be up to regs.

Looks to be running a standard PRV as opposed to a TPRV as required. :eek:

I'd recommend getting a G3 qualified engineer out as the install doesn't seem to be up to regs.

Looks to be running a standard PRV as opposed to a TPRV as required. :eek:

thanks for your reply , can you explaine what you mean by prv and a tprv . thanks

Pressure relief valve and Temperature pressure relief valve.

Very important safety feature that could result in a pretty dangerous situation if they are incorrect. :eek:

Sponsored Links
its in quite a new building . the orignal fitters number is on the cylinder do you think we should get them to come back and put it right ? is it dangrouse at the moment ?
thank you for your advice :D

You could do but whether you would get an unbiased opinion from them would be a different story.

Best off gettting another local guy in that is qualified and should give you an honest opinion of the install. Where abouts are you?

If it is missing then it could be dangerous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back