HOT WATER CYLINDERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have aleak in my cylinder have got a replacement from albion but had to get s/steel cyl it is direct but now i have it it has come with expansion tank but my system did not have one i know that i will have to get the pipes re -routed but i am not sure about this ex-ttank that has come with it . am getting plumder -in

Sponsored Links
As with any unvented water cylinder, this should be left to a pro. If you don't even know what to do with the expansion tank, I'd leave it well alone and get someone in.

It may be that expansion was catered for within your old cylinder but not in the new one hence the need for an external exp vessel.

As with any unvented water cylinder, this should be left to a pro. If you don't even know what to do with the expansion tank, I'd leave it well alone and get someone in.

It may be that expansion was catered for within your old cylinder but not in the new one hence the need for an external exp vessel.
thanks for your reply i am waiting for plumber to come in today i just wanted to know if he has to fit it as albion cylinders say that the cylinder that they supplied is the same as my old cylinder but just in s/steel not copper it comes with all types of fittings that my cylinder has so i thought it could be a straight change over

Good to hear you're getting a pro in. Unvented cylinders are very dangerous in the wrong hands.

An old lecturer of mine used to reckon he'd rather be in a house that was about to have a gas explosion than one that was about to have an unvented cylinder go pop!

Sponsored Links
Hi

Is it possible you have the wrong cylinder?
Unless I'm reading the posts wrong my take is that the cylinder is direct as in no primary coil. With immersion heater/s. Not unvented as in water direct from the mains.

Thanet.

Good to hear you're getting a pro in. Unvented cylinders are very dangerous in the wrong hands.

An old lecturer of mine used to reckon he'd rather be in a house that was about to have a gas explosion than one that was about to have an unvented cylinder go pop!

Strange bloke, I wouldn't want to be in either!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back