Hot water discharge from unvented system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,

Quick question. Looking at getting an unvented system fitted and one of the heating engineers that came to give quotes was saying that I may have problems with the discharge arrangement as it needs to go outside and be visible.

Difficult to explain but the location of the boiler would mean this would be below DPC. I had believed that the tundish gives the visible indication needed as specified below and that this would therefore I can just discharge the water into a suitable waste outlet which is conveniently situated nearby.

Hot water discharge from safety devices must be conveyed visibly and safely away from the unit without endangering persons in or about the building. The package or unit is normally supplied with a tundish, which provides a visible indication of water discharging from the safety valves.

Is the guy wrong. My situation may be a little unusual and I understand that the normal way? may be to discharge to an outside wall witht he pipe bent back towards the wall.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back