discharge on unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are just about to put an unvented cylinder in, and i am having trouble working out where the discharge can go after the tundish, discharge will be in 22mm and go through a wall, under a bath and i want to put it into the 40mm waste from the bath. i thought i would put a t in the 40mm waste and a 22mm insert, surely this should be easy, but im looking online and cant seem to fins a 40mm/22mm insert, am i searching for the wrong thing.

Sponsored Links
You'd need over flow to 1.5inch

Regardless of that, I guess your not qualified as you'd know that you need a HepVo trap, that the waste must be high temp plastic and more importantly there can't be any sanitary ware on the same branch as the discharge.

You shouldnt be touching an unvented cylinder unless you have a G3 certificate they can be extremely dangerous if installed by the untrained, please consult someone that knows what they are doing

Sponsored Links
can you stop assuming things guys, i am a qualified plumber but not a working plumber. my friend is qualified to g3, we are running the discharge in 22mm copper. my friend wants to run the copper into the 40mm waste. i have the shopping list, and all im saying is that i need an insert for a 40mm swept t waste. ... 40/22. if its a waste, its not touching sanitaryware. its to be fitted after the trap on the bath, the run is about 2 metres. running it over the bath is a very poor option. any HELP would be appreciated. the help i am talking about is does anyone know where to get one, i'm sure ive seen them....

can you stop assuming things guys, i am a qualified plumber but not a working plumber. my friend is qualified to g3, we are running the discharge in 22mm copper. my friend wants to run the copper into the 40mm waste. i have the shopping list, and all im saying is that i need an insert for a 40mm swept t waste. ... 40/22. if its a waste, its not touching sanitaryware. its to be fitted after the trap on the bath, the run is about 2 metres. running it over the bath is a very poor option. any HELP would be appreciated. the help i am talking about is does anyone know where to get one, i'm sure ive seen them....

and if your friend is qualified then he would know you cant do that. So either your lying, mistaken or your friend is an incompentent numpty.

22mm inserts ?? what do you mean ?

Hve you sized D2 right ?

what isnt there an out side wall in the bathroom at the end of the bath ?

would it not be easy to take it straight outside and terminat at low level ?

As already said hepvo traps the obvious choice with push fit 32mm waste.

at last someone who doesnt insult you. thanks for that middlesborough. i am not a working plumber but i got my qualifications about 10 years ago, so i am not a complete numpty.

you used to be able to get a very hard rubber boss insert that you could put in to reduce a width. im really surprised everybody seems confused by them. they are quite common.

its a top floor flat and a discharge pipe running and terminating down the outside wall would be unsightly, and im not sure we would be allowed because it is a listed building.

the run to the waste of the steel bath is less than 2 metres, and its my understanding that 22mm copper pipe is adequate. the bath is a further 1 metre from the outside wall, the waste going into a boxed in soil stack.

it seems we will have to re-think, and give the discharge its own dedicated run, it makes sense.

but remember lads, its not nice to come on here looking for guidance and getting insulted.

D2 will be undersized at 22mm.

Youl have to terminate into a boss on the stack.

Insult???

Knew i forgot something !! :p

The other thing to be aware of is foul smells if branching into a foul waste / soil pipe with no trap in between the tundish and the foul sewer, you will soon notice.

There are a number of reasons why you are not permitted to have a "traditional" water seal trap on an UC discharge, one beiing flow resistance and another being over a period of time the water seal will evaporate and allow the foul smells into your home.

As already stated, the HepVo valve used in conjunction with PP Push Fit waste pipe can be taken into an existing soil pipe.

There are a number of things you have to keep an eye on, including it must be a dedicated discharge pipe with no other appliances branched into it,also clip distances and waste pipe type.

Have a look on the Hepworth / Wavin website for all details.

This is the way most "New Build" home get round the problem, it may cost you £20 - 30 for the bits but it can save you hours messing about and you know it's done right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back