discharge on unvented cylinder

Thanks sandylyon for the best answer so far, phoned heatrae sadia this morning but they cant help because they cant comment on local byelaws, they say different parts of the country accept different things.

i must say i did wonder how you would stop foul smells coming back up the discharge pipe, without the use of a running trap, and it seems the hepv0 is the answer.

my friend is qualified g3, he was put on the course as part of his redundancy package off of british gas. he is well meaning but of course mistaken in thinking you could put the discharge into a 40mm waste outlet pipe. i thought it didnt sound right, which is why i posted on here, and once again sandylyon, thanks for your constructive help, the geography of the set up means that i will use a hepvo and run the discharge into a soil stack, much more work but its got to be done right. i have to remove the bath and cut into the boxing of the inner soil stack. definitely gonna be an after xmas jobbie.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yep you could be right middlesborough, its what they usually do with combi boilers, elbow return to the wall, when you cant terminate below a grating. there is of course no air gap before or after the prv.

but of course, with an unvented, there is an air gap, so its high flow rate after the tundish. and pressurised before the tundish, thats my thoughts on the subject, but remember, i am not qualified to g3.

i will check with building control on monday, and see if i can talk to them, i believe the work is notifiable anyway. and i got to talk to the council cos i got another ruddy parking ticket anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back