Hot Water exspansion tank - Lack of...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a general question really, I have a sealed system and I'm inthe process of swapping out the bathroom. Temporarily used a compression isolating valve so I could still use the water on the end of the hot water pipes.
Basically the compression fitting popped off the hot water pipe... (no damage as I was in the house luckily!!!).
But this got me thinking why wasn't there an exspansion tank for the hot water? My girlfriends flat has a sealed system and that has two expansion tanks for the CH and HW as I would expect. Just curious, any ideas?

Also peoples view on using push fit connectors long term?

THanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i think your abit confused about sealed systems.

wouldn't use long term but pushfit fittings are ok.
we use them all the time when on installations for capping over night never had one blow off yet

always make sure pipe is clean and push on fully.

Doesn't anyone bother to read the OPs any more? He's talking about a compression fitting coming off (not tightened adequately). The expansion for the hot water cylinder will be an internal air gap which might need to be replenished from time to time.

Sponsored Links
You could be accused of the same Chris as, despite the symptom (which he doesn't require a solution to) the 2 questions the OP actually asked were ...

1. Why wasn't there an exspansion tank for the hot water?

2. Peoples view on using push fit connectors long term?

;)

& worse too ....... This planet is a odd place :D

Moral to the story ........ "Make sure ya nuts is tight" :confused:

John M said:
...... This planet is a odd place :D
Which planet is that, by the way?

megawatt said:
You could be accused of the same Chris...
I far as I can see I was the only one who addressed the issues arising form his main question. That was my point. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back