hot water flow help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and happy new year im planning our bathroom refit and gathering funiture at the minute problem been i have a system boiler and gravity water and the wife want these fancy taps ,from what ive seen most reply on 1-3 bar pressure as there mixer taps and from my reconing i have less than 0.2 bar so im thinking of a single pump which i can plumb into the void under the bath and use it only the supply the bathroom hw only as downstairs pressure is fine for it purpose .Could anyone recomend me a pump which wont break the bank which would give a decent bath fill time many thanks in advance tim

Sponsored Links
Pumps are nasty noisy things at best.

I suggest you swap your old tank out for a nice unvented cylinder
and you can then have mains pressure hot water.
Check you have a reasonable flow of 20 litres a minute of mains cold.

The Grunfoss home booster ( 15-90 ? ) will probably fit the bill.

Costs about £100 and turns on when there is a flow.

However, it is best fitted in the outlet from the loft tank if you need to mix hot and cold together inside a tap or shower otherwise there are unbalanced pressures.

Tony

The Grunfoss home booster ( 15-90 ? ) will probably fit the bill.

Costs about £100 and turns on when there is a flow.

However, it is best fitted in the outlet from the loft tank if you need to mix hot and cold together inside a tap or shower otherwise there are unbalanced pressures.

Tony
thanks for that agile that would suit better as i can fit that about a meter below the cw storage on the feed the the cylinder inside the airing cupboard ,the cold feed to the bath is mains but could throttle that back easilly .regaurding the other post the airing cupboard is unsuitable for a megaflow as i would have fitted one when i fitted the system boiler .

Sponsored Links
thanks for that agile that sounds even better as i could fit that in the airing cuboard about a meter below the cw storage on the feed to the cylinder that would also be benifit the whole house hw then i take it .oh also the cw feed to the bath is mains so would have to throttle that back .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back