hot water from taps except one

M

munchingB

hi, i have hot water coming out of all the right taps except the one on the mixer that runs into the bath. water is a little warm sometime but still way too cold.
when i run the cold next to it it full on for a minute and then shut it off, i then have hot water for a moment before it goes tepid again.
no idea of the boilers history or what shape its in, its a worcester heatslave 12/14 if thats any help.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Has it always been like that? If you turn the tap off a bit to slow the flow down does it heat up better?

actually yes..just tried. was just reading a thread somewhere same problem and turned out to be the mixer though seems to be a pressure thing..?

Often happens on the bath tap where basically the flow rate is too fast for the boiler to heat up the water properly. Turn the flow rate down and although it will take longer to fill a bath the water should be hotter. Is the boiler serviced annually?

Sponsored Links
If your bath taps have isolating valves on them turn the cold off and see if it gets hotter.

no idea when the boiler was last looked at but its on the 'to do' list. it has enough dust on it that says the previous owner was waiting for it to go wrong and we had to call someone out to check it over when we had problems getting the heating to work-so its far from perfect.

pressure thing seems obvious really once i ran the tap on slow.

no idea which aspect of the boiler is responsible for that...but the missus says thanks for the hot bath anyway...though youve spoilt my evenings entertainment of watching her trying to squeeze into the kitchen sink : /

thanks all the same : )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back