hot tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my flat in June and have had no problems with the plumbing until now. All my hot taps are working fine except the bath mixer which is only producing tepid water. Most frustrating as now the cold weather has set in it is not I want hot bath water the most. Can anyone help me locate the problem?

Sponsored Links
is the boiler firing up when bath tap running ?
its not a thermostatic bath mixer is it ?

Sponsored Links
The boiler is firing up but the water is nowhere near as hot as the water from the other hot taps. Is there any way I can tell if it is a thermostatic mixer tap?

GALLERY]

could it just be that the bath tap has a higher flow rate?
what happens if you turn the flow down a bit?

its not thermostatic.

what happens if you have the bath tap and basin tap running does it come through hot ?

has it always been like it or just happened ?
it not got a thermostatic mixer valve under the bath has it ?

Just happened over the past month or so.

Noticed when I ran sink tap and bath tap both lost temperature (similar to the bath tap alone) when turned bath tap off sink tap temp increased.

I'm struggling to get the bath panel off as the previous owner appears to have relied on superglue for all DIY tasks. When I get the panel off what would a mixer valve look like?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back