Intermittent hot water problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. My flat has a Ferroli DOMicrocondens F24 boiler. The central heating works fine but there is a problem with intermittent hot water. When turning on the tap, the boiler fires up and after a while I get hot water, but only for a second, then it goes freezing cold...then it cycles between hot and cold (mostly cold). The result is a sink or bath full of barely tepid water and a huge gas bill.

Thanks!

Edited to mention, the pressure here is high, so the flow has been turned down and it still happens if the tap is not fully on, or even half way.

Sponsored Links
Dual pass heat exchanger on these. Could be scale in that or maybe flow switch problem. Impossible to give you a diagnosis without being in front of boiler. Get a repair call booked in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back