Intermittent Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler which supplies hot water and central heating. When the heating is off I get water through the kitchen and bathroom taps (it cycles warm, cold, then gets to the correct temperature - usually). BUT when the heating is off it is rare to get hot water from the hot water taps. I think this is wrong. Living in a cold place, the heating has been on alot, but now that some finer weather is here, I am noticing a lack of hot water without the heating.

Question: This isn't right is it? I should get hot water when the hot tap is turned, independent of the central heating?

Secondly, do you think such a problem is covered by breakdown cover? I have a policy for boiler breakdown, but is only half a service a breakdown?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It does sound like you have a combi but for all our sakes give us the make/model if want some help.I feel like a dentist!!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, you should get hot water even if the heating is off. On a combi, this sort of symptom is usually related to the diverter. If you have a tank then I dread to think what's going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back