hot water goes colder the more I open the tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all thanks for reading....

moved into a new flat 7 weeks ago. Landlord had boiler checked over passed!.

But soon as I move in hot water cold :/ plumber came back out looked at it ( no tools ) said I need to order a part did so fitted working amazing. Water was like kettle water really hot like burns.

Then I woke up to boiler at 0.4 bar red light... side off boiler states no less than 0.7 bar say best is 1 bar.

Told me to open filling tap under boiler did so hit 1 bar all good till morning after same again but now once a week.

Water is very hot with a small amount of water but more I open up the tap the cooler the water is.

Boiler is a glow.worm 30ci not the si version as it states on the boiler on front just a nob for heating control and same for the water and open and off and bar readings current reading 0.8 I've just got out the bath.. could this be the plumber messing with it or could there be an issue as he did pass the boiler then had to fix it then turned up with no tools then again with roller then again to fix it lucky for me I don't own the bill.

But if I ring landlord again he might send this guy out again is there a way to check before getting him back thanks [/b]

Sponsored Links
Dan, I am being 'bold' here....

reading between the lines, there is a loss on his boiler system pressure? & needs boosting occasionally...

Now to JayJay, back to basics as to how the hot-water is heated... effectively and before we will all lose the will to live here, the faster the water comes out of the hot-tap, the faster the waster has to pass through the boiler... ergo, it has less time to absorb the heat energy that the boiler is able to produce, in winter time you may well need to slow it to a trickle if it enters the boiler at less than say 3 ° , to get a decent temperature rise. As summer progresses and the inlet temp rises up to say 17 ° , the flow rate can be raised as the water already has a 'head-start' compared to winter temps. Phew.

JJ, can you take a quick look outside at the small 15mm tube that exits the base of the boiler and(usually) is terminated somewhere outside... is there any evidence of water escaping? (tieing a marigold glove over the end may help trap any escape)

I am intrigued by the word 'roller' (it wasn't Charlie M, the boss of Pimlico Plumbers who turned up in person was it? :) )

DH

Sponsored Links
When he passed the boiler i presume you mean doing a gas certificate? If so he does not have to check if the boiler is working as such, thats not his problem, so because he passed it then had to put parts on does not make him a **** engineer ring your landlord and let the guy have another look

You all sound like a right bunch a childish ****S! but anyway. When the tap is open full its only warm as in not hot at all. When he sorted the boiler out the first time the hot water was very hot with tap open full. Now not like that at all and I loose pressure. And how can you give a citificate out and pass a boiler when it don't work ?

Advice:

1. When asking for advice - don't slag off the 'helpers'

2. You are a tenant - phone your landlord/letting agent.

Andy

No Andy the problem is in the world we live in there are to many idiots that moan about stupid things. So what if I'm the a great writer. All just sad people out there who need to get a little life. Forget the boiler problem diynot never again face booked for all to keep away from TOSSERS!!!!

The problem with you not being a great writer is we are not standing in front of your boiler and have to rely on you giving accurate information, you cant write incomprehensibe gibberish and expect a detailed accurate answer, why are you worried about the boiler ? phone the landlord thats what you pay your rent for.

..... And how can you give a citificate out and pass a boiler when it don't work ?

That's because the landlords certificate is just to certify that the boiler is safe and will probably not kill you from leaking gas or fumes.

A boiler service is different.

The guy is a nightmare he turned up with no tools said I need to order a part

Then turned up again with tools stripped it when part was on order

Then turned up again to fix the boiler with part worked great nice and hot.

Now back to warm unless the water comes out slow.

The problem is its not about how much the tap opens depends on the temp off the water

When the boiler was working good the tap would pure hot water out when fully open

Pressure is losted from the boiler at its stated on the boiler best bar setting is 1 bar

Workmen up to red light and 0.4 bar

Problem is the plumber is not good at all. Like he's messing with it so he can keep coming
Back to fix the boiler as he turned up to look at it so many times

Passes a boiler that don't work all I want is hot water and pressure.

Now forget me if I'm wrong but I'm not the best at writing good reader not writing

No matter how someone puts there words through they should still be given the same

Respect as everyone else now taking the rip out off someone for those reasons is very

Childish now you can all say you have also done it all I wanted was help fixing my boiler

not an English lesson from a load of plumbers as I would like to say this is a forum

A place for help not taking the ****.... now either help off don't write on here as j just want

A nice hot shower or bath thanks to the normal minded people who are not little girls

Who cry over every think!!!

You're calling him useless but he fixed it (don't need tools to find certain faults) the part he changed could need renewing again (not the fitters fault). As said, get onto you're landlord. If you don't want the previous engineer out tell him.

The guy is a nightmare he turned up with no tools said I need to order a part

Then turned up again with tools stripped it when part was on order

Then turned up again to fix the boiler with part worked great nice and hot.

Now back to warm unless the water comes out slow.

The problem is its not about how much the tap opens depends on the temp off the water

When the boiler was working good the tap would pure hot water out when fully open

Pressure is losted from the boiler at its stated on the boiler best bar setting is 1 bar

Workmen up to red light and 0.4 bar

Problem is the plumber is not good at all. Like he's messing with it so he can keep coming
Back to fix the boiler as he turned up to look at it so many times

Passes a boiler that don't work all I want is hot water and pressure.

Now forget me if I'm wrong but I'm not the best at writing good reader not writing

No matter how someone puts there words through they should still be given the same

Respect as everyone else now taking the rip out off someone for those reasons is very

Childish now you can all say you have also done it all I wanted was help fixing my boiler

not an English lesson from a load of plumbers as I would like to say this is a forum

A place for help not taking the p**s.... now either help off don't write on here as j just want

A nice hot shower or bath thanks to the normal minded people who are not little girls

Who cry over every think!!!

He passed it because it was safe Mook !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back