Worcester 240 - Hot water kicks in only when taps 3/4 open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very grateful for any tips on the above issue. Basically, my boiler, when cold, is set to a water pressure of 1.35 bar. Hot water does kick in but not until the tap is 3/4 open. The temperature is OK but maybe not as hot I would like. The water pressure rises to 1.5 bar when hot water is being produced. The temp setting for the water is set to max.

So:
i) How can I increase the water temp?
ii) How can I make it kick in without opening up the taps so much?

Thanks in advance of any pointers you are able to offer.

Sponsored Links
I f your boiler is a 240 then you cant control the hot water temp from the controls as the dial on the front only does ch temp. The hot water temp should be 37 degC above the cold inlet temp at max flow of 9lt per min it will try and hold at 54degC if pss ie slow enough flow and or warm inlet temp. Today the avv cold water temp is 6 degC so it will only reach 43degC. The hot water should ignite at 2.5lt per min if thats 3/4 of full flow on your taps the you have either a very slow flow rate (should be 9lt as said ) or your diverter valve is faulty ,the most common fault being the diagphram in the diverter head (30 min job £15 part ) if when on full hot water the flow to the heating starts to warm up (more than 2 meters away to avoid conducted heat ) then the whole valve will need replacing as it will be passing into the ch system . I wont go into gas related probs as you would have to be qualified to test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back