worchester bosch 240 boiler overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
worchester bosch 240 bolier, issue when it runs, pressure starts at 1,4 bar after it runs for 10 mins the pressure rises to 3 bar, the water temp & radiator temp is very hot (too hot to touch) then the boiler trips out, after an 1hr i can reset it and it will do the same thing, any idea's? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
with that sort of pressure rise i would look at the expansion vessel it is probably deflated or perished.
if i recall the 240 and 280 have the calorifier in the front bottom of the boiler these get scaled up, a competent engineer should be able toremove it and descale it in an hour unless it is completely blocked.
they will need a replacement set of washers as the slide joint washers perish

Have you tried setting the boiler-stat at 1? That should limit the output temperature to about 50C. If it is significantly more, the boiler stat is suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back