Hot water heating time????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ideal Classic FF240 boiler with an immersion tank in our airing cupboard. Everything seems to work ok, the CH has no issues and our HW gets hot.

My problem is the time its taking to heat the HW. Ive had to set the time its on for for 2 hours now to get it anywhere near hot enough. I dont seem to remember having to have it on this long last winter.

Ive been though most fault finding....the motorised value seems to work fine, i cant find any leaks, and the hot water tank thermostat clicks off and on (set to 62 degrees)

Is this normal to take 2 hours to heat our HW?

Sponsored Links
Depends on how long that piece of string is.

How big is the cylinder.
What are the flow and return temps of the coil.
Does the boiler cycle.
What are the boiler and cylinder Stats set to.
What state is the pump in.
Blocked feed.

To name a few questions.

think the pump is fine as the CH is ok.
Boiler is at max (6)
Cant get to the cylinder right now but think its a standard size, about 130ltr
Flow into the cylinder gets pretty hot, hard to touch and return is still fairly warm.
boiler fires fine.

Blocked feed....did consider it could be an airlock, if thats possible.

one thing i should add is when the boiler is fired and running, if your turn the boiler thermostat control up or down and look through the viewing window the size of the flames dont change.

not sure if they are supposed to or not.

Sponsored Links
Try putting your hot water on before the heating comes on to see if heats it quicker without sharing with the heating circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back