hot water heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

need some help please had a problem at my house with the hot water noticed water overflowing out of expansion tank when i went in the loft the water was very hot and overflowing outside. only had hot water on at the time went to the tap in the bathroom and it was boiling hot to the extent you could not put your hand underneath. the boiler had only been on 30 mins.the system is a baxi back boiler with gravity hot water and pumped central heating and there is no cylinder stat . just to state the cylinder was replaced a week ago.

Sponsored Links
Why wasn't the cylinder installed to current regulations - fully pumped with the minimum level of controls?

Cheers

Erm, why would the poster know why the cylinder wasn't installed properly? Isn't that what he paid someone to do?

About as helpful as a fart in the bath. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Get a cylinder stat fitted, but for the meanwhile turn the boiler stat down. As an aside, stupid question but, if you've got an immersion fitted, it hasn't been left on has it ?

How can he fit a cylinder sta on a gravity system? I havem't seen a Cyltrol for ages (thank f**k)

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back